Is It Over for the Dollar?
Check out our video recording on YouTube
In this insightful podcast episode, we explore the potential impact of BRICS countries (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa) developing a new currency that could challenge the dominance of the US dollar in global trade and finance. We delve into the current state of dollar-denominated debt on a global scale, the US dollar's role in international trade, and the economic challenges faced by China. Despite the growing influence of BRICS nations, we argue that the threats to the US dollar's dominance are overstated and predict that the dollar will maintain its position as the world's leading currency for at least a few more decades. Join us for an engaging discussion on the future of global currencies, the evolving landscape of international finance, and the factors shaping the economic power dynamics between the US and BRICS countries.
#BRICS #USDollar #GlobalTrade #DollarDenominatedDebt #InternationalFinance
- U.S. Dollar in Global Trade: https://www.globaltrademag.com/how-the-united-states-dollar-dominated-the-global-trade-space/#:~:text=The%20U.S.%20dollar%20is%20by,the%20rest%20of%20the%20world.
- Index of International Currency Usage: https://www.federalreserve.gov/econres/notes/feds-notes/the-international-role-of-the-u-s-dollar-20211006.html
- 65 Trillion Dollars in Global Debt: https://www.visualcapitalist.com/visualizing-65-trillion-in-hidden-dollar-debt/
- Dollar in Foreign Reserves: https://www.imf.org/en/Blogs/Articles/2021/05/05/blog-us-dollar-share-of-global-foreign-exchange-reserves-drops-to-25-year-low
- China's Debt Problem: https://www.forbes.com/sites/miltonezrati/2023/01/16/chinas-overwhelming-debt-burden-points-to-still-deeper-problems/?sh=fdce8e94433a
- U.S. Debt Problem: https://www.usdebtclock.org/
- Heresy Financial: https://www.youtube.com/@HeresyFinancial Brent Johnson (Santiago Capital): https://twitter.com/SantiagoAuFund https://santiagocapital.com/
- Principals for a changing world order Book: https://economicprinciples.org/cwocharts
Please note: This content is not a direct recommendation for investment. Investing involves risk including the potential loss of principal. Not all investments are suitable for all people. Crosby Advisory Group, LLC is a registered investment advisor in Ohio, Florida, and Texas.