H&W: Go Outside & Rental Car Coverage
As the weather is getting nicer, it’s time to shift our Winter routines and focus on spending more time outside! There are so many benefits to taking in some sunlight and fresh air on a daily basis – even 15-20 minutes will positively impact your body and mind in many ways, including:
- Increases your Vitamin D levels (need a refresher of those benefits? Check out an earlier episode of Health & Wealth)
- Higher level of concentration, mental clarity, and creativity
- Fresh air clears your lungs out, gives you more energy, and lowers your blood pressure & heart rate
- Being in nature relaxes your mind and helps you experience the benefits of meditation
- Whether you are working at home, retired, or just have the opportunity to be outside during the day – take it! You won’t regret it.
Rental Car Coverage
In the unfortunate event that you find yourself in need of a rental car because of an accident (or the insurance term: covered loss) it’s not exactly the best time to be wondering about your rental car coverage. Well, the good news is we typically include rental car coverage in any full coverage policy that we quote. Of course, you can always remove it, but we do tend to include it at the onset of the process. What exactly is full coverage? It means you have comprehensive and collision coverage on your auto policy and not strictly liability coverage.
What is standard rental car coverage these days? Most coverage is for $30/$900 – which means, in the event you are in an accident, insurance will pay $30 per day, up to $900 total. We have started to recommend upping your coverage limits to $40/$1200 and that may make sense for your situation. There are a couple things to consider when determining your coverage amount:
- The cost of rental cars (and everything!) is going up
- Think about your needs – a larger family may need a larger car which will increase the cost of your rented vehicle
Always remember that your rental car coverage is for a car in the shop for a covered loss and if you are renting a car for leisure, your policy will not cover it. Be proactive in understanding what is included in your policy and if you need help, give us a call! Drive safe!